Thursday, January 20, 2011

Blog Post 1

I am a person who has lived in Mobile, Al for 20 years and was born here. The major that I have interests in is Music Education. I attended USA because I felt that I would get a good education and I would learn the important things about being a professional teacher. Being a musician for many years has inspired me to teach other youth the importance of music. As a pianist I have tended to grasp interests in strings, woodwinds, and brass instruments.

I chose Music Education as my major because it is a field that challenges your inner person when practicing and performing. Teaching students to learn and to understand music is a key concept as they grow up to become adults and enter the world of professional musicianship.

Playing the piano is something that I have loved doing since I was five years old. By the time I entered the tenth grade I won the spot as a professional pianist for the GNOYO Philharmonic Orchestra. When I obtain my B.M. degree I would like to go to graduate school and be a professional teacher and teach piano and other instruments that I have learned.

3 comments:

  1. I too love music and think that it is very important in the development of young children. I have always wanted to play the piano but never learned. I hope that my children are musically inclined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say that I love all music. Most people like me (being a young man) wouldn't like classical music. But, I have always enjoyed that type of music. What is your favorite type of music?

    I think that you will find many cool technological ways to incorporate into your music class! Start exploring!!

    Good luck this semester Krista,

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to hear that you have chosen to go into music education, it is so important for students to have music and art in their lives. It helps when their educator is as passionate as you are. I know you will do great.

    ReplyDelete