Sunday, February 20, 2011

Blog Post #5

100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better

Reading all the different applications, podcasts, and study guides informed me of all the things that I can do with my iPod. I know now that this apple device that I invested in can help me with almost everything that pertains to college work. It is so wonderful that people who are not English speakers can take ESL classes on their iPod. One of the Applications that is very useful for a college student is the iGadget application. In the iGadget application I am able to make presentations, study guides, and class notes. The PodGourmet 2.0 application seemed to be overwhelmingly flabbergasting because a person is able to make a gourmet meal and teach themselves to be a master chef. The Apple iPod is a great investment and I encourage my fellow students and colleagues to get one of these magnificent digital tools.

Judy Scharf Podcast Selection

I learned a lot from this reading because it discussed almost everything that pertains to podcasts. As a person who has used podcasts for musical reasoning's, I like how the suggestions for podcast projects could be on Beethoven's Fifth Symphony. I learned that the term podcast cross between the meanings of iPod and broadcast. The podcast is a great way to broadcast something that is important to you to where millions of people can get it and listen to. This is a tool that I will need when I begin my student teaching, and it will help the students to show other people the things that they have accomplished in school. I also like how Mrs. Scharf made up a grading sheet and a podcast rubric, which a a great guideline to what I should look forward to when I begin to teach.

Practical Principles with Melinda Miller and Scott Elias

In this particular reading about the principals of using podcasts I learned more about syndication and Feedburner. In the principals discussed in the postings by Melinda and Scott, they reviewed some of the things that were discussed in my C4T blogs, for example, evernote is the tool that is great for writing research papers. So what Melinda and Scott has done is that they use the different applications and tools for podcasts and their show.  Then they discuss different issues of what technical problems they had and how people can benefit from these valuable tools. They also posted links on their website so that people are able to view and understand the significance of technology. I was also able to learn how to create my PD plan, which will help me with my teaching skills.



2 comments:

  1. You did a really good job on this. I to never had a clue what all my ipod could do until I started taking this class. It amazes me all the things that I can do with it now. I also like the Judy scharf podcast. It helped me out a whole lot when it came down to learning how to do a podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krista,

    I had no idea the iPod could do so many things. I have an iPhone and a Mac, and I am constantly amazed by the new things I find on both. Apple products are so amazing, and they are great tools to use for education. I love the iGadget that you spoke of, and I am definitely going to check it out. I love that you found your readings so useful, and it seems like you truly learned a lot that you can use in your own classroom. That is so great! You have done a great job discussing podcasts, so keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete