Sunday, April 10, 2011

Blog Post #11

First Grader's in Ms. Cassidy's Class

      Ms. Cassidy used many different ways for her first grade class students learning experience.  These students were able to learn about the different technological tools that are available and they are using it to interact with other students and know and understand when they are in need of more instruction.  The approach that Ms. Cassidy used for technology was very astounding.  The students are able to use the class web page to check and see what are the next assignments and what they need to work on more.  I think that this approach allows kids to learn responsibility before they reach adult stage.  There were just so many approaches to educating the kids, she used wiki, skype, Nintendo DS, blogging, and twitter.

     The technique that I might use in my classroom will be blogging.  I think that the students not only learned to blog and post assignments, but this increased their writing skills.  On each of the kids blogs the students became better and better each time they posted something on their blog.  Blogging helps the students to intellectually think quicker and to become much better learners.  Not only are they learning, but the teacher is learning also from the kids ideas.  It was so great that these first graders could check their blogs for comments and they are able to post things that are pertaining to their schoolwork within the classroom.

     The benefits of Ms. Cassidy's approaches are greatly influenced through technological skills.  The kids in her classroom will be ahead of many of the schools that do not use technology at all for any of the students assignments, and when I say ahead they will know more than most first graders would know about technology and the different tools that were introduced to them.  The Nintendo DS is a great way for kids to compete against each other through a gaming system and it helps students to get better in their school work. Games like Brain Quest helps kids to be more knowledgeable about math and reading problems, and they will be able to have higher test scores.  By using Ms. Cassidy's approaches I think that my students will be able to learn responsibility, learn how to share, and also learn how to think on a greater scale of learning.





2 comments:

  1. Krista, I agree with you that Ms. Cassidy has some great ideas in incorporating technology into learning. Who would of thought that a Nintendo DS can help children with learning in a fun way? Any thing that we as teachers can do to make learning fun is wonderful. I look forward to using some of her techniques in my classroom and coming up with new ways myself. I, too, plan to use blogging within my classroom. I originally thought there was no way a kindergartener could "blog", but this class has shown me that regardless of age, anyone can blog, within reason.
    Thanks for the post!
    Good job!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The approach that Ms. Cassidy used for technology was very astounding." I am not sure it is astounding. You read about another class or teacher who is just as successful every week. Maybe it's because it is a first grade that you are so impressed.

    I agree that blogging is a good place to start.

    You will have to run fast to keep up with the kids!

    ReplyDelete