Sunday, April 10, 2011

C4K #7 Special Assignment

1. One of the ways that reflects Mr. McClung through his blog, is that he makes things interesting to look at and he says in his blog he likes his students to be in a fun environment. The way that he has constructed his blog is to create something interesting where students will want to know what song his has posted for the week or what blog post that reflects to what they are likely to encounter.

2. I think that Mr. McClung as an educator is doing something that many teachers think is redundant to their teaching. That something is making sure that students are enjoying their learning experience in his classroom.

3. I think that Mr.McClung is an open-minded teacher when it comes to his class rules. One of his rules included that he expects his students to talk in his class, and his students will be doing a lot of that during the classroom period. Many of the teachers today do not let students speak and discuss things that are happening in the classroom, therefore students get punished for talking and to avoid this teachers should have a discussion hour.

4. The first thing that was listed in his syllabus that each student needs is a day planner. Since the students will be doing many different projects and different assignments that are given to different individual's, a day planner will help them to be organized with schoolwork and will help with their school time limits.

5. His late work policy is not to harsh, but it makes students pay the ultimate price for not being responsible high school students. Dr. Strange grading policy is a little different even though Mr. McClung took a letter grade off for each late assignment, Dr. Strange's grading policy includes if that person is late on an assignment they have already blew that chance for having an A in his class. Well I just think that when you are college students things should be a little more harder than it is for a high school student.

6. I also would like a blog that is another way of saying a newsletter to parents, teachers, and students. This will help everyone to know more about what their kids are learning and what have been a great success to them as students. I like how Mr. McClung's blog is a resource based blog where students, parents,and teachers can find valuable information.

7. The two useful links that I reviewed were Discovery Educator Network and Translation Website.  With the Discovery Educator Network teachers, parents and students are able find resources for projects that would be helpful in many ways. On this site you can find resources like summer activities, worksheets to go, lesson plans for different grade levels, and also contests where students can win prizes. The translation website is a great tool to learn the basic words for different languages like go in Spanish is translated to the word ir. You are also able to hear someone say the word so that you will know how to pronounce it.  This program is able to translate words for many different languages.
   
    I think that these two links made Mr. McClungs list because these are some of the tools that are used in his classroom.  These sites helps teachers in a great way, and it helps students to be more creative when it comes to learning something new. 

8. Under Mr. McClung's internet safety I think that many of the rules are good, especially when you have students doing assignments and posting their latest projects and special assignments.  It seems like the rules are a great way to keep students on a steady path of enriching their education and not diminishing their learning experience. I think that I will use many of Mr. McClung's rules to help me engage my classroom and to enforce rules that should be obeyed.

9. The post that I commented on was under that category Cross Country. I found some very interesting things, the cross country category was all about sports.  In the cross country category I found dates where people can participate in this event.  There was also a survey for those who experienced the cross country activities and it includes questions like "the best part of the cross country was." This part of the site included the winners of different cross country events at the school. One of the posts that I reviewed was summer workouts. In the summer workouts the students run in a variety of places, like their neighborhood, track, and steep hills.  The students that he coach go early in the morning to run, so that they would not get dehydrated and faint.

10. One of the things that caught my eye that would be interesting to include in my blog is the chat box that he has.  That is so interesting to me because I will be able to answer questions from students and whomever views my page. The second thing that I would like to have in my blog is the song of the week feature. I am a music lover and adding something on my blog that I enjoy doing and listening to would be a tremendous way to show who I am as a person and what I like.

11. He makes his blog so much easier to navigate around and you can find things that are important to different individuals. For this assignment I would have not been able to find all the different things that were assigned to me if Mr. McClung did not have a blog that categorized different things like the work that some of his students has done is under the Student Work tab.

12. The blogs that I have commented on before can not compare to the blog of Mr. McClung. Mr McClung's eighth grade blog helps not just students to find resourceful information, but he has links that would help parents and others to learn a little more. The other blogs that I viewed only had links for the things that they were discussing that day, but Mr. McClung goes in depth with his blog and show more things that are interesting to his viewers.  Mr. McClung's eighth grade blog does not look like an actual kids blog.  Most of the blogs that I had reviewed had the entire sight focused on just kids, but Mr. McClung puts a focus on all of his viewers and he posts things that would be helpful to any of his viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment